Tuesday 10 June 2008

A FATHER IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST CONCEPTION

You may have seen on the news that Fathers 4 Justice are back doing what they do best - dressing up in lycra and putting a smile on our faces.

The only bizarre thing this time is that the slogan they unveiled of the side of Harriet Harmon's house was the slogan I came up with last December (see 12 Dec 07 Post). It was that blog article that connected me with Matt O'Connor founder of Fathers 4 Justice who, after a number of coffees and chats, came and spoke at our church one Sunday.



The stunt has been all over the news and the internet but one of the best articles I read said

"For the protest, F4J unveiled the best slogan I have seen in years: “A Father Is For Life, Not Just Conception“. If that does not say it all, I don’t know what does."

To make matters worse, the local city council had asked if they could use my slogan as a bumper sticker to promote fatherhood as it is Father's Day on Sunday. They were about to print them yesterday but due to the potential connection with F4J they decided to pull the project at the last minute!

Oh Well, IT'S ONLY A SLOGAN!!!

No comments: