Monday 23 February 2009

Sim the Blogger is back?

Having not blogged for over 6 months, I am now considering a return! Life has got busy and I have got loads of excuses why I have not blogged.

We had a fourth child in September (Jemimah Anne Promise) and I started my MA in Theology and Christian Leadership as well as taking on responsibility for the morning congregation here at Central Hall. Three weeks ago Lotties Dad suddenly died and we have been busy arranging funerals and sorting his stuff out.

I have also got sucked into the world of Facebook and even more recently Twitter, the world has gone communication mad, just not sure what we are communicating.

I guess I am so aware of how busy life can be (and when you have 4 kids under 10 it is mega crazy but sooooooo much fun) and I amtrying to find ways to manage my time and be more effective. I have piles of books to read, some for my course (reading up on Richard Branson at the moment for a Leadership module), some for pleasure, some for personal spiritual development and some to keep up to speed with Church and Leadership around the world.

So my plan is to blog once a week on a Monday morning - you are welcome to tune in, but to be honest it will be for my benefit as much as yours. I want to reflect on my week before I launch headfirst into it.

This week I have a bunch of one on one meetings with Small Group Leaders and some key staff members as well as the dreaded budget meeting on Wednesday. On Thursday I am off to Letchworth for the Pioneer Conference to say "Goodbye Gerald Coates" and "Hello Billy and Caroline" who will be taking on the leadership. Friday my son Zak is 10 and so I need to be back to have a family meal and make sure he has his present of a PINK Nintendo DS.

oh on Sunday I am speaking at the start of a new teaching series on the Cross and so need to find some time to prep that - Church is going great, maybe I will blog that another time.

For now lets see if I get past one posting and whether I can keep up my plan to blog on Monday mornings - maybe I will see you next week?

1 comment:

Dave Johnson said...

Hi Sim,

Great to see you back in the blog world. I started regularly blogging on a Monday Morning back about 4 or 5 weeks back. And have found it really constructive in looking at both my week ahead and what I've just done.

I don't know how you're planning on structuring your morning blog, I heavily borrowed my structure from an American Youthwork Blogger - http://www.ysmarko.com

I've found that because I'm blogging regularly in a structured manner I don't need to post so often and I'm getting more readers. Especially in the USA....

I look forward to reading your Monday posts.

Dave
http://www.allthesethingsivedone.com