Tuesday 31 March 2009

Getting the Balance right

Ok, so I know its Tuesday and I missed my Monday blogspot which has wrecked my weekly routine. The purpose of the Monday morning blog was to reflect on the previous few days and prepare myself for the week ahead, before the week took over me! Yesterday it didnt happen and it became one of those days that ran away with itself. I ended up working late until 2am on my latest assignment that has to be in tomorrow and then up at 6.30am for my morning workout - don't email me to say thats crazy - I know!

Last Thursday I went for my first Training Session with Glynn at LA Fitness in Fareham who has offered to give personal training - it was like entering another world. I know he is South African but it is like he speaks a different language! He had me all measured up and then made me do some random excercises and asked if had ever had a knee injury as I was compensating the way I moved - amazing I damaged my left knee ligaments 20 years ago and didnt think it was a problem any more. He also pointed out a number of other areas where I was out of balance and explained how my stance was all wrong and how I could rectify it. It was weird but fascinating and although he wanted to see me twice a week I wimped out and went for once a week to start with - more on this to follow I am sure...

On Sunday we had Jack Groblewski from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania come and speak in the morning meeting which was superb. He spoke on Mission as I had never heard it preached with the concept that Mission meant Honour. That our job was to bring honour to people, to elevate the to the rightful place that God had for them. That when God sent his Son as a gift to us he was showing the value he placed on us and that we should also be giving the gift of Jesus to others and helping them realise that God has made them to be royalty. Brilliant angle and brings a whole new approach to working in the community. We are not doing to just be good, we are not doing to make ourselves feel better or force people to know Jesus, we are elevating people to the rightful place by giving them something so precious that realise how much they are valued - brilliant. (see www.newcommunity.org.uk for podcast download if interested).

So onwards to this week, looking pretty hectic and out most nights. Second edition of the Church magazine to be drafted, Final session of Exploring Christianity, Levi has a hospital visit, New Community Health has had some bad news on its bid for some new work so meeting on Friday to work through and I need to tidy up my assignment today to be posted! oh, and I am meeting with a young couple who want to get married - first wedding for me to officiate in Southampton.

Life is crazy and I still haven't got my work life balance sorted but I am aware of this and working on it. I am 'conciously incompetent' which is better than being 'unconciously incompetent' and I am striving to be 'conciously competent'! Who knows one day I may even be 'unconciously competent' at getting my life all balanced up but I guess I will never know!

1 comment:

lottie said...

Great stuff honey, just as long as you're not unconsciously incontinent, we'll be fine x